DATE OF LAST REVISION: DECEMBER 16, 2016
This policy describes what information we collect and how it is used and shared. Csnaps consists of the Csnaps mobile application (the “App”), available through iTunes and Google Play, and the website available at www.csnaps.org (the “Website”). The App and the Website, are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Service.”
Csnaps is committed to the privacy of its users. As you review our policy, please keep in mind that it applies to all information Csnaps collects, uses, shares, and protects in relation to the Service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide us directly:
- Your first and last name, email address, username and password when you register for a Csnaps account.
- User Content (i.e. photographs, videos, and their adjoining stories) that you upload and/or post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Csnaps, such as Service-related emails, including, but not limited to emails relative to the following: account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, and technical and security notices.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use the analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular user.
Cookies are small text files that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
Log information consists of information relative to the type of browser you use, how many times you access our Website and App, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you visited before navigating to our Service, the page you visit after navigating away from our Service, and other such information. Log information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access or visit a web page or App.
Device identifiers are small data files stored on or associated with your computer or mobile device, which uniquely identify your device. We may access, collect, monitor, and/or store one of more device identifiers on the computer or mobile device you use to access our Service. The type of device information we may collect includes the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information. A device identifier may deliver information to us or a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Service, and allows for improvement of the Service.
Metadata is data that describes how and when and by whom a particular set of data was collected and how the data is formatted. Metadata can be associated with User Content. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content, such as hashtags, geotags, comments or other data.
Information We Collect From Third-Parties
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, if you create or log in to your account through a social media site (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends list, in accordance with the procedures determined by such social media sites.
We do not collect any bank account or credit card information. All merchant services and processing of online payments are handled securely by a third-party payment processor.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
In addition to some of the specific uses of information described herein, we may use information that we receive to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
- Provide and deliver the Images purchased at auction through our Service and send you related information, such as invoices and confirmations;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and promotions offered by us and others;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and provide customer service and technical support for the Service;
- Facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of the Service;
- Improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service and new features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage trends, and demographic patterns; and
- Automatically update the App on your device.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
User Content that you post, upload or otherwise make available through the Service may be accessed and viewed by other Csnaps users. By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions, you understand and acknowledge that any User Content contained in public areas of the Service, including the Website’s homepage or other portions of the Service, is accessible to the public and can be accessed, archived, downloaded, linked to and republished by others including, without limitation, appearing on other websites and in search engine results.
- We may share your information with vendors, consultant and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- We may share the names of Celebrity Account holders, defined in Section B(1) of our
Terms & Conditions for marketing purposes; however we will not disclose the amount donated by said celebrity;
- We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- We may share certain information such as cookie data and log information with third-party advertising partners;
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties, or combine your information with other information so that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregate data;
- We may share certain information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the intents and purposes and/or language of our Terms & Conditions, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Csnaps or others;
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (e.g., search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, including responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States; and
- We may also access, preserve and share your information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations, and to prevent imminent bodily harm or death.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
As set forth in Section A(2) of our Terms & Conditions, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account and password.
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your account and User Content; however, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your account, your User Content, or registration information we collect, and cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties from illegally accessing the Service, your User Content, or registration information.
You agree to immediately notify Csnaps of any unauthorized use to your account or passwords, or any other breach of security, and you accept all risks of unauthorized access the User Content, registration information, and any other information you provide to Csnaps.
Upon termination or deactivation of your account, Csnaps or its service providers may retain information, including your profile information, and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users or third-parties using the Service have copied or saved that information.
You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use the Service. By using our Service, you certify that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age and that you agree to be bound by our Terms & Conditions.
Csnaps does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13.
Csnaps will make all reasonable efforts to delete any personal information collected from a child under age 13 without parental consent as soon as possible. If you believe that we may have information from or about a child under 13, please Contact us.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
You agree that Csnaps is not responsible and does not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your information and User Content. If you use a third-party website or service, you do so at your own risk.